Tattoos for Men in Bangkok
Putting a tattoo on your body has never been more mainstream.
The latest statistics reveal that 36% of American adults between 18 and 25 have at least one tattoo, and this increases to 40% for Americans between the ages of 26 -40.
If you are starting from scratch, here are four things you need to consider before embarking on an adventure to transform the look of your body.
- Tattoos are personal. Think carefully what will work for you, and do your research.
- Tattoos are permanent. Unless you wish to go through expensive, long and painful procedures to remove them.
- There is some pain and discomfort. This is particularly so in sensitive areas of the body where the skin is only a thin layer, such as the hands, feet or near the collarbone, and also in places where the nerves are close to the surface, such as upper inner arm, back of the knee, hip and groin area, and lower back.
- The cost. If you go to a reputable studio – which is an absolute ‘must’ – they are not particularly cheap.
How to choose the right tattoo(s) for you.
This, of course, is the 64-thousand dollar question, as no two men are the same, and no two men will have the same ideas on tattoo design, color scheme, and body placement.
You will want to choose something that is both artistically pleasing and meaningful for you. Here are some of the key pointers you need to consider:
- Think what is right for you. Don’t just copy another person’s body art or designs that look great in a studio photo or on a website on a hot male body. Think about having something totally original and make sure it will suit your own body type.
- Study the wide range of tattoos and consider carefully how you will feel if you have some of the more attractive ones on your body and whether they will suit your personality and lifestyle. If you wish to make some kind of a statement, make sure it is the right one – one you are happy to keep for the rest of your life.
- Decide whether you wish your tattoos to be seen or hidden. Do you want them to be private, to you alone, or will they be seen only be seen in certain situations, (such as when you take off your shirt), or do you want them to be totally visible to the world at large?
- Consider whether certain designs on certain areas of your body will be appropriate for your situation. Will any visible tattoos be frowned upon by your employer, your religious group or any other social club or association that you belong to?
- Make sure the designs will not be considered offensive. To your family, or any other groups with whom you may come into contact.
Most people don’t get married on a whim – so don’t ink your body on a whim – think it through.
Even if you decide that to go ahead with designs and/or body placements that may upset members of your family or other groups, make sure you have made a conscious decision to do this, and don’t be caught out by surprise later.
Once you have carefully considered your options and have a reasonable idea what and where you want your tattoo(s), go to a reputable Tattoo studio, such as ALL DAY Tattoo in Bangkok.
It doesn’t matter if you are just starting off with a single simple tattoo, or you have a master plan for your body, talk to our artists and let them help with the final design and advise you on placement.
Tattooing your body can be a long-term project, taking several years – depending on how far you wish to go – so it is important that every single tattoo will fit into your overall vision. Here, at ALL DAY Tattoo in Bangkok, our artists can help to ensure that each and every tattoo will suit your overall vision.
What kind of designs are good for men?
This is another massive question. The answer is that “the world is your oyster”. You can ink anything from a simple punctuation mark, a tribal symbol or letter to the most complex piece of intricate gothic artwork that can cover your entire back or chest.
Do you wish your tattoos to look ‘manly’ or sexy, or artistic? Do you want good luck talismans, or have spiritual meanings? Will your tattoos tell a story? Will they be a declaration of love? Will they embrace your lifestyle choices, such as bikers or goths?
Your choice is huge. To get you started on your search, here are just a few of the thousands you can choose from : Angels, Arrows, Batman, Clouds, Compasses, Crosses, Dragons, Dreamcatchers, Doves, Elephants, Monkeys, Feathers, Phoenixes, Flowers, Lions Tigers & other wild cats, Musical symbols, Star wars, Gothics, Skulls, Demons, Vampires, Stars, Trees, Tribal, Wolves, Sharks, Fishes, Shells, Anchors, Mermaids, Japanese, Melanesian, Thai, Religious… and so much more.
The above examples are the stuff of traditional and contemporary tattoos. We, in the tattoo world, are all agog, waiting for you and others to choose an original piece of artwork to add to our annals of great tattoos.
If websites and studio photos do not provide what you are looking for, you can always look in other places, such as art galleries, or books on mythology, or arts and crafts. Just about anywhere can be a source of inspiration on what can be inked on your body.
What are the best body placements for men?
Yet another huge question – and the answer is just about anywhere and it really depends on your overall tattoo philosophy.
In general terms, tattoos can be inked on your head, face, neck, shoulder, arm, elbow, forearm, wrist, back, chest, hand, leg, thigh, knee, calf, ankle, foot, toes – in fact, anywhere – yes folks – ANYWHERE. But as already stated, some areas can be more difficult and more painful than others.
I know what you are thinking, and it is definitely an ouch!
Probably the arm is where a majority of men like to place their tattoos, certainly to start with.
While arm tattoos are generally visible, they can be completely hidden by a long sleeved shirt and this is why they are so favored. Arm tats may suit you if you are an office worker and need to have one ‘look’ at work, but have a completely different ‘look’ when you are at home or play.
Arm tats allow you to look cool and will make your muscles look more attractive and generally very masculine. Black is the most common color for arm tattoos, but red ink and other colors are also used, depending on the design.
You may want to start with a few discrete symbols that later can be worked into the ever-growing trend of “half Sleeve” Tattoos. Half sleeves usually contain intricate art which is built up over a period of time and can be almost any design.
Traditionally, half sleeve tats are adopted by rockers and bikers, but the designs are limitless. Men with large biceps and triceps look particularly masculine and when enhanced with tattoos; they will really stand out in a crowd.
All of the above – and so much more – is possible, and later articles in this series will deal in detail with specific tattoos and other body placements for men.
Our artists at ALL DAY Tattoo in Bangkok will be delighted to help you decide which tats are good for you, and travel with you on your exciting tattoo journey.
Whether this is your very first tattoo, or you have already put your toes in the tattoo water, we at ALL DAY Tattoo in Bangkok will be only too pleased to discuss and advise you on your next step. Why not click the button below for a completely free, no-obligation consultation at our Bangkok studio with one of our pre-eminent tattoo artists.
We hope to see you there soon.